NanYa 175TL PCB materials are a high-quality and reliable choice for circuit board manufacturers. These materials offer exceptional thermal resistance, electrical insulation, flame retardancy, mechanical strength, chemical resistance, low water absorption, and excellent processability. With their superior properties, NanYa 175TL materials provide the necessary foundation for the production of robust and high-performance PCBs.
Background and history of NanYa 175TL
NanYa 175TL is a specific PCB material produced by NanYa Plastics Corporation, a leading manufacturer of advanced materials for various industries.
NanYa Plastics Corporation is a subsidiary of Formosa Plastics Group, one of Taiwan’s largest industrial conglomerates. The company specializes in the production of plastic and chemical materials, including PCB materials for the electronics industry. NanYa Plastics Corporation has a strong presence in the global market and is recognized for its high-quality products.
Features and Properties of Nanya 175TL
NanYa 175TL boasts a dicy-free formulation, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. With a U.L. file number E98983, it meets the necessary safety requirements. Moreover, it is lead-free compatible, keeping pace with environmental regulations and promoting sustainable practices.
The multi-functional epoxy used in NanYa 175TL exhibits remarkable luminance, enhancing visibility for automated optical inspection (A.O.I.) processes. This epoxy also exhibits excellent dimensional stability, ensuring precise and consistent board dimensions. The material’s superior through-hole reliability guarantees robust interconnections and long-term durability.
NanYa 175TL stands out due to its outstanding resistance to Conductive Anodic Filamentation (CAF), mitigating the risk of migration and maintaining signal integrity over time. The material complies with IPC-4101C/124/129 standards, further validating its performance and reliability in demanding applications.
1. Thermal Resistance: NanYa 175TL is known for its good thermal resistance. It can withstand high temperatures without significant degradation, making it suitable for applications that involve heat dissipation.
2. Electrical Insulation: This material is designed to provide excellent electrical insulation properties. It has a high dielectric strength and low electrical conductivity, ensuring reliable performance and preventing electrical leakage or short circuits.
3. Flame Retardancy: NanYa 175TL is typically formulated to have flame-retardant properties. It meets certain fire safety standards and can self-extinguish, making it suitable for applications where fire protection is crucial.
4. Mechanical Strength: NanYa 175TL exhibits good mechanical strength and dimensional stability. It can withstand bending, flexing, and mechanical stress associated with PCB fabrication and assembly processes.
5. Chemical Resistance: This material is generally resistant to a wide range of chemicals, including solvents, acids, and bases. It can withstand exposure to various chemicals without significant degradation, ensuring long-term performance and reliability.
6. Low Water Absorption: NanYa 175TL typically has low water absorption characteristics, making it less susceptible to moisture-related issues such as delamination or dimensional changes. This property is important for applications where moisture resistance is critical.
7. Processability: NanYa 175TL is designed to be easily processed during PCB manufacturing and assembly processes. It can be easily cut, drilled, and shaped, and it exhibits good adhesion properties for component mounting and soldering.
Comparison with Other PCB Materials
When comparing NanYa 175TL PCB materials with other types of PCB materials, several factors come into play. Here are some key points to consider:
1. Thermal Performance: NanYa 175TL is known for its excellent thermal performance, making it suitable for applications that require high heat dissipation. Compared to other materials like FR4 (Flame Retardant 4), NanYa 175TL typically has a higher glass transition temperature (Tg) and a lower coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE), allowing it to withstand higher temperatures without degrading or warping.
2. Electrical Performance: NanYa 175TL offers good electrical performance, including low loss tangent and low dielectric constant. This makes it ideal for high-frequency applications where signal integrity and low loss are critical. Compared to FR4, NanYa 175TL typically has higher insulation resistance, lower dielectric loss, and better signal transmission properties.
3. Mechanical Strength: NanYa 175TL exhibits excellent mechanical strength and rigidity, which is important for PCBs that need to withstand mechanical stress, such as those used in automotive or aerospace applications. Compared to materials like polyimide (PI) or flexible PCBs, NanYa 175TL may not offer the same level of flexibility but provides superior strength and stability.
4. Cost: The cost of NanYa 175TL PCB materials may be higher compared to standard FR4 materials. This is due to the advanced properties and performance characteristics of NanYa 175TL. However, the increased cost may be justified in applications that require specific performance requirements.
5. Processing: NanYa 175TL can typically be processed using standard PCB manufacturing techniques, including lamination, drilling, and surface finishing. However, due to its higher thermal conductivity and rigidity, it may require specialized equipment or processing techniques compared to more common materials like FR4.
Ultimately, the choice of PCB material depends on the specific requirements of the application, including thermal management, electrical performance, mechanical strength, and cost considerations. NanYa 175TL PCB materials are often chosen for applications that demand high-performance and reliability in challenging environments.
Applications and Uses
Here are some potential applications and uses of NanYa 175TL PCB Materials:
1. Consumer Electronics: NanYa 175TL is commonly used in the manufacturing of various consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, gaming consoles, and wearable devices.
2. Automotive Industry: The material is suitable for automotive applications, including car infotainment systems, engine control units (ECUs), advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), and in-car connectivity solutions.
3. Industrial Equipment: NanYa 175TL can be used in industrial equipment such as control systems, robotics, factory automation, and instrumentation.
4. Telecommunications: The material is appropriate for telecommunications equipment, including routers, switches, base stations, and other networking devices.
5. Aerospace and Defense: NanYa 175TL can be employed in aerospace and defense applications, such as avionics systems, military communication devices, radar systems, and satellite components.
6. Medical Devices: The material is suitable for medical device applications, including diagnostic equipment, monitoring devices, implantable devices, and medical imaging systems.
7. LED Lighting: NanYa 175TL can be used in the manufacturing of LED lighting systems, including LED driver boards and control circuitry.
8. Renewable Energy: The material is applicable in renewable energy systems such as solar inverters, wind turbine controllers, and energy storage systems.
It’s important to note that the specific applications and uses may vary depending on the properties and specifications of NanYa 175TL PCB Materials and the requirements of the particular industry or device.
Handling and Storage Recommendations of Nanya 175TL PCB Materials
Proper handling and storage of NanYa 175TL PCB materials are important to maintain their quality and performance. Here are some recommendations:
●Always handle NanYa 175TL PCB materials with clean, dry hands or wear gloves to avoid contamination.
●Avoid bending or flexing the materials excessively, as they may break or suffer from mechanical stress.
●Use appropriate tools and equipment for cutting, drilling, or shaping the materials to prevent damage.
●Store NanYa 175TL PCB materials in a clean, dry, and temperature-controlled environment. Ideal storage conditions are typically between 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F) with a relative humidity of 50%.
●Avoid exposing the materials to direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, high humidity, or rapid temperature fluctuations. These conditions can degrade the properties of the materials.
●Store the materials in their original packaging or in sealed bags to protect them from dust, moisture, and contaminants.
●If the materials are stored for an extended period, inspect them for any signs of degradation or damage before use.
3. Handling Precautions:
●Avoid contact with sharp objects or abrasive materials that can scratch or damage the surface of the materials.
●Do not expose the materials to solvents, acids, or other chemicals that may react with or degrade the materials.
●When stacking or storing multiple layers of the materials, use appropriate separators or protective layers to prevent scratching or surface damage.
NanYa 175TL PCB materials are a preferred choice for circuit board manufacturers due to their exceptional properties and reliability. These materials offer excellent thermal resistance, electrical insulation, flame retardancy, mechanical strength, chemical resistance, low water absorption, and easy processability.
By using NanYa 175TL materials, circuit board manufacturers can ensure the production of high-quality and reliable PCBs that meet the demanding requirements of various applications. Trusting in NanYa 175TL materials is a step towards achieving superior performance and longevity in electronic devices.