As a leading circuit board manufacturer, we recognize the critical importance of selecting cutting-edge materials that embody reliability, performance, and environmental responsibility. The TUC TU-863+ PCB material stands as a testament to our commitment to delivering top-tier solutions. With its diverse applications and an array of performance advantages, TU-863+ emerges as a key enabler for superior electronic devices. In this article, we delve into the distinctive features and industry approvals that position TU-863+ as a premier choice for modern PCB manufacturing.
What Is TUC TU-863+?
ThunderClad 1+ FR-15.1(TUC TU-863+) is a high-performance PCB material characterized by its exceptional attributes, featuring a combination of high Tg (glass transition temperature) and MOT150 (Maximum Operating Temperature of 150°C). This halogen-free low loss material is meticulously crafted from top-tier epoxy resin and standard woven E-glass fabric. Specifically engineered with a focus on achieving a low dielectric constant and low dissipation factor, ThunderClad 1+ FR-15.1 is tailored for applications demanding high speed, low loss, high frequency, and thermal robustness in multilayer circuit boards.
Distinguishing itself from conventional low-loss materials utilizing brominated resin as a flame retardant, TUC TU-863+ attains a flammability class of UL94V-0. This impressive feat is accomplished through the incorporation of phosphorus and nitrogen compounds in its composition. Notably, TUC TU-863+ not only meets stringent environmental protection standards for lead-free processes but is also seamlessly compatible with FR-4 processes.
This environmentally conscious material aligns with green initiatives by eliminating the use of potentially hazardous halogenated resins. The design philosophy of TUC TU-863+ aims to deliver superior thermal robustness, minimal signal attenuation, and optimal performance in a manner that reflects a commitment to both technological excellence and environmental
Application of TUC TU-863+ PCB Materials
The TUC TU-863+ PCB material is a high-performance thermoset laminate designed for various applications that require excellent electrical properties, reliability, and durability. Here are some potential applications for this material:
Backplanes are an essential component in electronic systems, providing interconnections between different modules and components. The TUC TU-863+ material can be used in backplanes due to its high signal integrity, low loss, and good thermal performance.
High-performance computing (HPC) systems require robust materials to handle the high-speed data processing and demanding thermal conditions. The TUC TU-863+ material can be utilized in HPC applications to ensure reliable signal transmission and efficient heat dissipation.
Line cards are used in networking equipment to provide connectivity and data processing functions. The TUC TU-863+ material can be employed in line cards to achieve high-speed signal transmission, low loss, and reliable performance.
In storage applications, such as solid-state drives (SSDs) or hard disk drives (HDDs), the TUC TU-863+ material can be used in the PCBs to maintain signal integrity, minimize crosstalk, and enhance the overall reliability of the storage devices.
Servers require high-performance materials to handle the data processing and networking capabilities. The TUC TU-863+ material can be utilized in server applications to ensure efficient signal transmission, thermal management, and reliable operation.
Telecom and base stations:
Telecom equipment, including base stations and communication infrastructure, often operate in demanding environments with high-frequency signals. The TUC TU-863+ material can be employed in these applications to provide excellent electrical performance, thermal stability, and reliability.
Office routers play a crucial role in providing network connectivity within office environments. The TUC TU-863+ material can be used in office routers to ensure high-speed data transmission, low power loss, and reliable operation.
Performance and Processing Advantages
The TUC TU-863+ PCB material offers several performance and processing advantages that make it a desirable choice for electronic applications. Here are the key advantages associated with this material:
1.Halogen, antimony, and red phosphorus-free:
The absence of halogen, antimony, and red phosphorus in the TUC TU-863+ material makes it environmentally friendly and compliant with regulations concerning hazardous substances. This feature ensures a safer and more sustainable manufacturing and usage process.
2.Low Dk & Df performance:
The material exhibits low dielectric constant (Dk) and dissipation factor (Df), which are crucial for high-frequency applications. Low Dk and Df values enable better signal integrity, reduced signal loss, and improved overall performance in high-speed electronic systems.
3.Lead-free process compatible:
The TUC TU-863+ material is compatible with lead-free PCB assembly processes, which aligns with the industry’s shift towards environmental sustainability and the elimination of hazardous materials like lead.
The material’s composition and characteristics contribute to its environmental friendliness. By being halogen, antimony, and red phosphorus-free, it reduces the environmental impact associated with traditional materials.
5.Compatible with PCB processes:
The TUC TU-863+ material is designed to be compatible with standard PCB manufacturing processes, including drilling, plating, soldering, and etching. This compatibility ensures ease of integration into existing production lines and smooth processing.
6.Low coefficient of thermal expansion:
The material exhibits a low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE), which means it expands and contracts less with temperature changes. A low CTE helps to minimize stress on the PCB and the components mounted on it, improving reliability and reducing the risk of solder joint failure.
The TUC TU-863+ material offers good moisture resistance, making it suitable for applications where exposure to moisture or humidity is a concern. Moisture resistance helps to prevent performance degradation and reliability issues in humid environments.
8.Anti-CAF (Conductive Anodic Filament) capability:
The material possesses anti-CAF capability, which means it resists the formation of conductive paths between copper features during operation. This characteristic enhances the reliability and lifespan of the PCB in high-stress environments.
9.Higher Tg thermal robust characteristics:
The TUC TU-863+ material has a high glass transition temperature (Tg), indicating its ability to withstand elevated temperatures without undergoing significant dimensional changes or performance degradation. Higher Tg values ensure thermal robustness and reliability in applications with demanding thermal environments.
Industry Approvals of TUC TU-863+
The TUC TU-863+ PCB material has received industry approvals and certifications that ensure its quality, safety, and compliance with industry standards. Here are the relevant industry approvals for the material:
1. IPC-4101E Type Designation: The TUC TU-863+ material is designated under IPC-4101E, which is a standard specification for base materials used in printed circuit boards. The specific type designations for this material are /127, /128, and /130.
2. IPC-4101E/130: The TUC TU-863+ material meets the requirements of IPC-4101E/130, which is a specific classification within the IPC-4101E standard. This classification ensures that the material meets the specified criteria for its electrical, mechanical, and thermal properties.
3. UL Designation – ANSI Grade: FR-15.1: The material has received a UL (Underwriters Laboratories) designation with an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Grade of FR-15.1. This designation indicates that the material meets the UL standards for flammability and electrical performance.
4. UL File Number: E189572: The TUC TU-863+ material is associated with a UL file number, specifically E189572. This file number is used to identify the material’s compliance with UL standards and can be referenced for verification purposes.
5. Flammability Rating: 94V-0: The material has achieved a flammability rating of 94V-0, which is the highest flammability rating according to the UL standard. This rating signifies that the material has excellent flame resistance and self-extinguishing properties.
6. Maximum Operating Temperature: 150°C: The TUC TU-863+ material is designed to operate at a maximum temperature of 150°C. This temperature rating indicates the material’s ability to withstand elevated temperatures without significant performance degradation.
These industry approvals and certifications demonstrate that the TUC TU-863+ PCB material has undergone rigorous testing and meets the necessary standards for electrical performance, flammability resistance, and maximum operating temperature. These certifications provide assurance to manufacturers and users that the material is reliable, safe, and suitable for a wide range of electronic applications.
Standard Availability of TUC TU-863+
The TUC TU-863+ PCB material is available in various standard options to accommodate different design and manufacturing requirements. Here are the standard availability options for this material:
1. Thickness: The material is available in a range of thicknesses from 0.002″ (0.05mm) to 0.062″ (1.58mm). This allows for flexibility in selecting the appropriate thickness based on the specific application and design considerations.
2. Copper Foil Cladding: The TUC TU-863+ material offers copper foil cladding options to meet different conductivity and circuit requirements. The copper foil cladding is available in various thicknesses, ranging from 1/3 oz to 5 oz for built-up and double-sided PCBs. For high-frequency applications, H oz to 2 oz copper foil cladding options are available.
3. Prepregs: Prepregs are resin-impregnated reinforcement materials used in PCB manufacturing. The TUC TU-863+ material provides prepregs in both roll and panel forms, offering flexibility in production processes and panel sizes.
4. Glass Styles: The material is compatible with various glass styles, which refer to different types of glass reinforcement used in the laminate. Standard glass styles available for TUC TU-863+ include 106, 1080, 3313, 2116, and others. Additionally, other prepreg grades can be provided upon request, allowing for customization based on specific application requirements.
These standard availability options for the TUC TU-863+ material provide flexibility in selecting the appropriate thickness, copper foil cladding, prepreg form, and glass style to meet the needs of different PCB designs and manufacturing processes. Manufacturers can choose the most suitable configuration based on their specific application, performance, and production requirements.
TUC TU-863+ PCB material offers circuit board manufacturers a comprehensive solution that combines exceptional performance, environmental friendliness, and process compatibility. Its unique features, including low Dk & Df performance, lead-free process compatibility, and resistance to moisture and CAF, make it a reliable choice for various electronic applications.
The TUC TU-863+ PCB material represents a pinnacle of innovation and sustainability in our manufacturing processes. From its compliance with stringent environmental standards to its impeccable industry approvals, TU-863+ aligns seamlessly with our dedication to quality and performance. As we continue to push the boundaries of excellence in circuit board manufacturing, TU-863+ stands as a cornerstone, fostering reliability, efficiency, and environmental consciousness. Elevate your electronic designs with TU-863+—where precision meets progress.