Rogers RO4533 is a high-performance PCB material that offers exceptional electrical and mechanical properties, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications. This article provides an overview of RO4533, highlighting its key features, benefits, and applications. Whether you are designing high-frequency circuits or power electronics systems, RO4533 can provide the performance and reliability you need.
What Is Rogers Ro4533?
Rogers RO4533 is an exceptional ceramic-filled laminate that has been fortified with glass hydrocarbon-based materials. This laminate exhibits commendable mechanical and electrical properties, rendering it highly suitable for antenna designs. Belonging to the esteemed 4500 series, Rogers RO4533 laminates provide a multitude of advantages, making them an optimal choice across a broad range of frequencies.
Specifically engineered for high-speed and high-performance applications, Rogers RO4533 laminates cater to the stringent demands of antenna designers. Notably, these laminates boast low dielectric characteristics and exceptional thickness tolerance, offering significant benefits to users.
The remarkable combination of low loss performance and precisely controlled dielectric constant makes Rogers RO4533 laminates exceptionally well-suited for microstrip antenna applications. Moreover, these laminates exhibit an impressive passive intermodulation response, a coveted feature that aligns with the exacting requirements of the antenna industry. Additionally, RO4533 laminates are fully compatible with lead-free solder processing, further enhancing their appeal and facilitating seamless integration into modern manufacturing processes.
Features and Benefits of Rogers Ro4533
1. Low Loss and Low Dk: With a low loss of 0.0025 and a low dielectric constant (Dk) of 3.3, Rogers RO4533 offers exceptional signal integrity and minimal signal attenuation. This makes it suitable for a wide range of applications, ensuring reliable performance across various frequencies.
2. Compatibility with Standard PCB Fabrication: Rogers RO4533 utilizes a thermoset resin system, which makes it fully compatible with standard PCB fabrication processes. This enables easy integration into existing manufacturing workflows, reducing production complexities and ensuring consistent quality.
3. Excellent Dimensional Stability: The laminate exhibits excellent dimensional stability, allowing for greater yields on larger panel sizes. This means that manufacturers can achieve higher production efficiencies and optimize material usage, resulting in cost savings and improved overall productivity.
4. Uniform Mechanical Properties: Rogers RO4533 maintains uniform mechanical properties throughout its structure. This ensures that the laminate retains its mechanical form during handling, reducing the risk of damage or deformation during fabrication and assembly processes.
5. High Thermal Conductivity: The laminate possesses high thermal conductivity, enabling efficient dissipation of heat. This feature is particularly beneficial for applications that require improved power handling capabilities, as it helps to prevent overheating and ensures reliable performance under demanding thermal conditions.
Overall, Rogers RO4533 offers a compelling combination of low loss, low Dk, compatibility with standard PCB fabrication, excellent dimensional stability, uniform mechanical properties, and high thermal conductivity. These features make it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications, including those that demand reliable signal integrity, efficient power handling, and consistent performance across different frequencies.
RO4533 Typical Values
|Dielectric Constant,er Process||3.3 ± 0.08||Z||–||10 GHz/23℃2.5 GHz||IPC-TM-650,126.96.36.199|
|Dissipation Factor||0.002||Z||–||2.5 GHz/23℃||IPC-TM-650, 188.8.131.52|
|PIM (Typical)||-157||–||dBc||Reflected 43 dBm swept tones||Summitek 1900b PIM Analyzer|
|Dielectric Strength||>500||Z||V/mil||0.51 mm||IPC-TM-650, 184.108.40.206|
|Dimensional Stability||<0.2||X,Y||mm/m (mils/inch)||after etch||IPC-TM-650, 2.4.39A|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||13||X||ppm/℃||-55 to 288℃||IPC-TM-650, 2.4.41|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.6||–||W/(m.K)||80℃||ASTM C518|
|Moisture Absorption||0.02||–||%||D48/50||IPC-TM-650, 220.127.116.11 ASTM D570|
Typical Applications of Roger RO4533
Rogers RO4533 laminates find application in various industries and technologies where high-performance and reliable circuit materials are required. Some typical applications of Rogers RO4533 include:
The excellent electrical properties of RO4533, such as low loss, low dielectric constant, and low passive intermodulation (PIM) response, make it well-suited for antenna designs. It enables efficient signal transmission and reception in wireless communication systems.
High-Speed Digital and RF Applications:
RO4533 laminates are specifically designed for high-speed and high-frequency applications. They are commonly used in high-speed digital circuits, such as high-speed data transmission, telecommunications, and network infrastructure, where signal integrity and low loss are critical.
Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Circuits:
Due to its low loss performance and controlled dielectric constant, RO4533 laminates are widely employed in microwave and millimeter-wave circuits. These circuits include radar systems, satellite communication, automotive radar, and other high-frequency applications.
The high thermal conductivity of RO4533 laminates makes them suitable for power amplifier applications. They can efficiently dissipate heat generated by power devices, ensuring reliable and stable performance even under high-power operating conditions.
Aerospace and Defense Electronics:
RO4533 laminates are commonly used in aerospace and defense applications, where high reliability, signal integrity, and thermal management are crucial. These include radar systems, avionics, military communication systems, and electronic warfare equipment.
With the increasing demand for high-speed data communication, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and vehicle connectivity, RO4533 laminates are utilized in automotive electronics. They enable reliable signal transmission in automotive radar, infotainment systems, and other high-frequency applications in vehicles.
Test and Measurement Equipment:
RO4533 laminates are employed in test and measurement equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers. Their low loss and excellent electrical properties ensure accurate signal measurement and analysis.
These are just a few examples of the typical applications of Rogers RO4533 laminates. The versatility and performance characteristics of RO4533 make it a preferred choice in industries that require high-frequency, high-speed, and reliable circuit materials.
Key Considerations for Choosing Rogers RO4533
When choosing Rogers RO4533, there are several factors to consider:
1. Application Requirements: Understand the specific requirements of your application and ensure that the properties of Rogers RO4533 align with those needs. Consider factors such as frequency range, signal integrity, power handling, and thermal management requirements.
2. Material Thickness: The dielectric thickness of the RO4533 material is an important consideration. Ensure that the available thickness options meet your design requirements. RO4533 typically offers good thickness tolerance, allowing for precise control over the dielectric thickness.
3. Availability: Check the availability of Rogers RO4533 in the market and ensure that it can be readily sourced in the required quantities. Confirm with your product supplier to ensure a consistent and reliable supply of the material for your production needs.
4. Type of Copper Clad: RO4533 laminates are available with different copper foil options. The standard choice is Electro-Deposited Copper (EDC) foil, but there is also the option of LoPro reverse-treat copper foil. Consider the specific needs of your application and consult with your PCB manufacturer to determine the most suitable copper foil type.
5. Installation Space Size: Consider the size constraints of your installation space or PCB design. Ensure that the dimensions and thickness of the RO4533 material can fit within the available space. This will help you select the appropriate size and configuration of the material for your application.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that Rogers RO4533 is a suitable choice for your specific application, meets your design requirements, and can be readily obtained for your production needs.
Frequently Asked Questions For Rogers RO4533
1.What are the typical applications of the Rogers RO4533?
The Rogers RO4533 is commonly used in high-frequency applications such as base station antennas, power amplifiers, and radar systems.
2.What is the operating temperature range of the Rogers RO4533?
The Rogers RO4533 has an operating temperature range of -55°C to 125°C, making it suitable for a wide range of environmental conditions.
3.What are the electrical properties of the Rogers RO4533?
The Rogers RO4533 has a dielectric constant of 3.30 at 10 GHz and a loss tangent of 0.0013 at 10 GHz, making it ideal for high-frequency applications.
4.Is the Rogers RO4533 RoHS compliant?
Yes, the Rogers RO4533 is RoHS compliant, meaning it meets the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive for the use of certain hazardous materials in electrical and electronic equipment.
5.Can the Rogers RO4533 be used in multilayer PCB designs?
6.What determines the price of Rogers RO4533?
The price of Rogers RO4533 is determined by various factors including thickness and size, freight costs, electrical and mechanical properties, copper thickness, type of cladding material, and any special requirements specified by the customer. These factors are taken into consideration during the pricing process to ensure an accurate and competitive price is offered.
7.How can RO4533 be stored?
When it comes to the storage of RO4533, it is essential to maintain appropriate storage conditions to preserve the material’s quality and lifespan. RO4533 can be stored under ambient conditions for an extended period of time. However, it is crucial to avoid conditions that may cause mechanical damage. Additionally, it is advisable to store these materials away from corrosive environments as exposure to such conditions can reduce their longevity. By ensuring proper storage conditions, the performance and reliability of RO4533 can be maintained effectively.
Rogers RO4533 is a high-performance PCB material that offers exceptional electrical and mechanical properties. Its low loss, high thermal stability, and excellent dimensional stability make it an ideal choice for high-frequency and high-power applications. Whether you are designing wireless communication systems, radar modules, or high-speed digital circuits, RO4533 can provide the performance and reliability you need. With its versatile capabilities, RO4533 continues to be a preferred choice for engineers and designers in various industries.